Sometimes the most horrendous things happen such as home Bulgaries. We tend to think it won’t happen to us but alas it happens. If you have found yourself in this situation there are a couple of things you can do:
At the time of purchase or any time while you have the console:
- Take pictures of and copy your purchase receipt, the console packaging, and the console itself
- Store in a safe place (i.e. Google Drive, Onedrive, Dropbox, send to an email)
- Update your home or apartment insurance company with photos
- Some insurance requires you to do this at the time of theft.
- Some require it before
After a theft :
- Make a police report
- Do this immediately
- They may be able to locate the device if it is online.
- Contact your insurance company right away
- You may need to supply a police report
- If covered it will be easier to replace.
Although most of the steps If not all should be done immediately this could save you some time and money in the long run. Consoles are cheap but not free, so keep track of that important information.